Friday, May 11, 2018

Minor Setback.....For A Major Comeback?

Y'all. Y'ALL!

I got prematurely excited and now I'm gonna have to move.......again.

Let me tell you how we got to this point.

About 3 days or so after I moved in, I went to the local $0.99 store to buy some essentials for my room. You know, a glade plug-in (my roommate makes stinky food) and a closet deoderizer (don't want my clothes smelling like sweat and feet).

This man is gonna tell me it smells like mothballs in the house, so I took down the deoderizers and unplugged my Glade plug-in, opened up BOTH my windows and let the room air all the way out. He comes back a couple days later with the SAME. TIRED. STORY.

At this point, I'm just annoyed as shit at having to have the same conversation over.......and over.......and over.......and, you get the point. So I let him know there's absolutely nothing else that I could possibly do to and he immediately hits me with the "We should look for new roommates and I'm gonna have to move out" line.

Now, what he fails to realize is I could force him to take me to housing court and it would mean not only would I not be leaving at the end of this month, I wouldn't pay rent for a few months and he'd have to spend money to get me out. However, as I told him, now I just don't feel comfortable living here. He's entirely too nit-picky. And by that, I mean he wants to have 2 separate households in one. Who needs 2 separate rolls of toilet paper in the bathroom? Who needs 2 separate bottles of dish soap in the kitchen? Who needs 2 hand towels in the kitchen AND bathroom? I'm looking at him like "dude, just LIVE BY YOURSELF!!!!!"

So, I'm once again back on the room prowl and stressed out about it. June 1st, don't sneak up on me. I've also learned a valuable lesson about having people sign CONTRACTS. The next place I move into will be the last for quite some time. This moving shit is tiring.

As always, until next time......until the next post, keep your head up and keep swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment